Monday, January 24, 2005

Bikes Against Bush

Case dismissed. I guess now that Bush is back in office they don't really care any more about suppressing a dissident with a frivolous lawsuit.

After 5 months, my case was finally dismissed on January 20, 2005 -- the same day George W. Bush was inaugurated for his second term of office.

The prosecution offered me an ACD ("Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal"), which means that if I am not arrested again within 6 months then the case will be dismissed and the records sealed. So, I will not have a criminal record and my equipment should be returned as soon as the paperwork is processed. I've been told that at this point, between 60-70% of the nearly 2000 peaceful activists arrested during the 2004 Republican National Convention have accepted ACDs.

Its been quite a long ordeal, and I want to thank everyone again who supported me throughout this process.

read

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home